To get the perfect sparkling jello cake recipe, you just need to make regular jello with your favorite soda. It turns out a bit bubbly and so beautiful!
Sparkling Jello Cake Recipe
Have you ever wondered, is jello gluten-free? While you used to be able to buy boxes of jello specifically marketed for sparkling jello, you can’t anymore. Don’t worry though, with a few simple ingredients and just a couple steps, you can get your fizzy fix in no time!
With only the addition of carbonated soda or club soda if you are using a flavored jello, you can get those fun bubbles in jello in no time at all. It’s great on it’s own or in jello desserts like our sweet pretzel salad.
This drip cake is another tasty dessert that everyone will love!
What flavors of jello are best for this recipe?
We use unflavored gelatin for this recipe because I like to add the flavor in with the soda itself. Also, fresh fruit gives another dimension of flavor that doesn’t taste artificial.
Subscribe to This Vivacious Life
Receive a free e-book of Instant Pot recipes!
I guess if I was going to use a flavored box of jello, I would go for peach or strawberry. The other flavors aren’t really what I like but you can use whatever you prefer.
What soda should be used?
While club soda is the one most often used, its only because people use a flavored jello to start. As I mentioned before, I prefer using unflavored gelatin then get creative with the soda I use.
Dry Sparkling has incredible, culinary inspired sodas that come in flavors like lavender, fuji apple, ginger, blood orange, watermelon, vanilla bean, cucumber and Rainer cherry. For this recipe, I chose fuji apple because it is perfect for fall.
If I were to make it in the summer I’d use their lower sugar blood orange, watermelon or lavender. For holiday parties, vanilla bean would be so great with some sparkling sugar on top.
We’ve used their sodas in many of our recipes including Instant Pot creme brûlée, gluten-free cherry cobbler and gluten-free apple fritters and they work great! They are a fantastic base for our Christmas mocktails and Halloween mocktails as well.
How to make sparkling jello cake
- Start by bringing the 1.5 cups of water to a boil
2. Stir the water in a bundt pan with unflavored gelatin quickly until gelatin is completely dissolved
3. Refrigerate the gelatin and water mixture for 15 minutes ONLY
4. Stir in the 2 cups of COLD Dry Sparkling soda and transfer to a greased mold or pan
5. Refrigerate the sparkling jello for 30 minutes
6. Add fresh fruit slices (we chose apple slices and cinnamon sticks, which need to be removed before eating, but any fruit works) and refrigerate until firm
What fruit goes well in this dessert?
Any fruit works in this recipe but here are some of my favorites…
- Sliced peaches
- Sliced strawberries
- Diced pineapple
- Mandarin oranges
How do I store sparkling jello?
This jello dessert can be served fresh with whipped cream and then stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days in an airtight container.
If you love this recipe, you are going to love these other great desserts…
No-Bake Raspberry Cream Pie with Jello from My Gluten-Free Kitchen
Orange Creamsicle Jello Mold from Cupcakes and Kale Chips
Need an EASY and delicious breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert?
Take a look at my Sheet Pan Meals and More!
Sparkling Jello Cake Recipe
- 12 oz unflavored gelatin
- 4 C COLD Dry Sparkling Soda In your favorite flavor
- 3 C water
- Bring 3 cups of water to a boil
- Stir the water in a bowl with unflavored gelatin quickly until gelatin is completely dissolved
- Refrigerate the gelatin and water mixture for 15 minutes ONLY
- Stir in the 4 cups of COLD Dry Sparkling soda and transfer to a greased mold or pan (I recommend a bundt pan)
- Refrigerate the sparkling jello for 30 minutes
- Add fresh fruit slices (we chose apple slices and cinnamon sticks, which need to be removed before eating, but any fruit works)
- Refrigerate until firm then turn upside down on a plate and serve cold