This gluten free pancake mix uses simple ingredients and is perfect for those with celiac disease. Within 1 minute you can have a great mix that’s easy to grab and use next time you want gluten free pancakes.
Back in 2008, I was diagnosed with celiac disease. My mom was diagnosed around the same time, so we started coming up with delicious gluten-free recipes that everyone could enjoy.
Now, we have tons of recipes that we love to make, and many people can’t even tell if they are gluten-free. We really enjoy cooking together and now I share this tradition of cooking with my kids!
Our gluten-free pancake recipe is one of my favorite recipes of all time. I love having them with pure maple syrup, buttermilk syrup, and sometimes plain (they are that good).
You should also try our gluten-free crescent rolls. They work really well with any of our gluten-free sandwiches, especially our ham and turkey sandwich.
Subscribe to This Vivacious Life
Receive a free e-book of Instant Pot recipes!
Around here, we are big fans of yummy drinks. We have tons of mocktail recipes that are perfect for any and every event. If you have not heard of a mocktail, you should check out our post on the difference between a cocktail and a mocktail.
Why you should make this recipe
- It is a great way to make mornings easier since you already have most of the recipe made. All you have to do when making is add the wet ingredients.
- It makes flavorful pancakes.
- This recipe is really easy to make.
- It takes less than five minutes to put together.
- There is only two steps.
- It is much cheaper than our favorite store bought King Arthur gluten free pancake mix or Pamelas gluten free pancake mix
- It’s always fun to have a special treat that is easy to make.
- Almond Flour – I like using multiple flours when it comes to gluten-free baking because it creates a unique texture. Plus, I like the flavor almond flour adds to this recipe.
- Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour – We recommend King Arthur’s gluten-free flour because it works best (in my opinion) for gluten-free baking. This flour is a great base for this mix and will make the best gluten-free pancakes. We love all of their gluten-free products.
- Sugar – You can’t have these sweet, fluffy pancakes without sugar. You only need a little bit for this pancake mixture.
- Xanthan Gum – Xanthan gum is a key ingredient in gluten-free baking. It is a thickening agent that keeps the ingredients together. This is especially important when baking with gluten-free flour because it can sometimes be grainy and fall apart. You only need xanthan gum if the gf flours you are using do not have it. King Arthur’s gluten-free flour does have xanthan gum, so you do not need to worry about that if you use their flour.
- Baking Soda – Baking soda is key in all baking, as it helps the baked good to rise. Without baking soda, these pancakes would be flat.
How to make the best gluten free pancake mix
Combine all ingredients
Grab a large quart size jar and measuring cup. Measure each ingredient and pour it into the large jar. You can also use a bowl then transfer to an airtight container or keep in the jar.
I like to mix up the dry ingredients bay shaking to make sure everything is equally distributed.
Store in pantry
Now that you have the dry mix, you can store it. You can pour the ingredients in a storage container immediately (that way you don’t have to wash an extra dish) or you can mix it together before hand.
I store this gluten-free mix in an airtight container in the pantry. Make sure you use it within three months of making.
Tips for Success
- Make sure you have an airtight container to store this easy mix.
- Mix together the gluten-free flour blend so it is ready to make.
- Ensure it is stored at room temperature.
- Use the gluten free pancake mix up to 3 months after it is made.
- When cooking, make sure you use a nonstick pan for the perfect pancake.
Storage and Freezing
Storage: To store, make sure it is in an airtight container at room temperature. It will last up to three months.
Freezing: Put the mix into a freezer bag and make sure all of the air is out of the bag. Freeze for up to six months.
Can I use this to make gluten free waffles?
Yes! Our gluten free waffles are so delicious and this mix can be used in them as well.
Are Bisquick pancakes gluten-free?
Bisquick does have a gluten-free pancake mix. If you are wanting to use Bisquick, make sure you buy the box that says “gluten-free” on top.
You can find other brands at the grocery store that also offer gluten-free pancake mixes, but not all mixes are gluten-free. It is really important to make sure the box says “gluten-free” somewhere.
Why are my pancakes gooey?
If they are not cooked enough they will have a gummy texture. Make sure you are cooking them on low to medium heat.
Gluten-free baking does not usually have the same baking cues are traditional baking, so make sure you are using the recommended time given for the instructions. It also depends on the type of pan you use.
Do gluten-free pancakes taste different?
They do have a slightly different texture to them depending on the flour you use. I find that this recipe does a really good job mimicking the texture of a regular white flour pancake.
I have made this recipe a ton of times and most of the time people cannot tell the difference. This is great for everyone, especially gluten-free eaters.
Is this recipe dairy-free?
Yes! When you go to make the pancake batter though, you will have to make some dairy-free adjustments to make dairy-free pancakes.
Typically you will need dairy-free butter and almond milk (or your preferred dairy-free milk). You can make any adjustments to the recipe if you have any dietary restrictions.
Ways to Enjoy
This recipe is just the base of making these great pancakes. Once you are ready to actually cook them, you can add in chocolate chips, any fresh fruit, and many other add ins. You should try out our buttermilk syrup on top!
If you like these pancakes, you should try our gingerbread pancakes or reindeer pancakes. These are especially great during the holiday season. We also have a pancake charcuterie board that is great for sleepovers.
For more gluten-free breakfast fun, try our gluten-free waffles. You could also make waffle mix ahead of time like this pancake mix recipe. Our ebelskiver recipe is super fun because they are like pancake balls!
Need an EASY and delicious breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert?
Take a look at my Sheet Pan Meals and More!
NEED MORE GOODNESS? Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter for great recipes, entertaining ideas and more!
1-Minute Gluten Free Pancake Mix
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour (we recommend King Arthur gluten-free flour) Or if you really want them from scratch use, 1 cup brown rice flour 1 cup tapioca starch 3/4 cup sorghum flour 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum (only if your gluten-free flour blend doesn't have itt)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Combine all ingredients in a large jar
- Shake to combine and store in the pantry for up to 3 months
Wow, I love how easy this recipe is! It has made my mornings a lot easier because I don’t have to get all of the ingredients out. It’s so nice to have it already put together.