Yum, these cheeseburger tots are so great because they are easy and a family favorite dinner in one.
Oh how I love cheeseburger tots! I decided to combine two of my favorite summer foods into one easy recipe. Just imagine all the best flavors of a cheeseburger combined with crispy tots…This is an easy meal that the whole family with love. I don’t know about you, but I don’t want to spend long summer days slaving away in a hot kitchen. For this reason, we like to grill. But let’s be honest, grilled chicken and hamburgers can only happen so many times before you are ready for a change.So I love making these for the fam and love that only two pans gets dirty even more. Woohoo for very few dishes and easy dinner preparations! Speaking of little work when cooking, have you tried using an Instant Pot? If not, our instant pot gluten-free mac n’ cheese is a go-to easy dinner of ours as well.
Ok, back to these tasty cheeseburger tots… I like to top them with grilled purple onions and microgreens to take both the taste and presentation up a notch. However, it isn’t necessary.
Our cheeseburger tots will only have you in the kitchen for a minimal amount of time and will deliver a tasty summer meal. For a family who all likes different cheeseburger toppings, this meal is one that everyone can top to their liking just like a regular cheeseburger.
I like to serve the tots individually in these cute plastic baskets with paper liners. They just seem so American!
Need an EASY and delicious breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert?
Take a look at my Sheet Pan Meals and More!
- 1 32 oz. bag of gluten-free tater tots
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 C cheddar or pepperjack cheese shredded
- tomatoes diced
- pickles chopped
- shredded lettuce or microgreens
- 1/2 C purple onions diced
- gluten-free ketchup & mustard
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Spread the tater tots out on a baking sheet and bake according to package directions
- Meanwhile, cook the ground beef and onions together until the beef is no longer pink and onions are translucent
- Cover tater tots with ground beef and cheese and bake 3-5 minutes longer
- Remove from the oven and top with toppings of your choice
Originally published June 16, 2016. Look at that awesome photo! 😉
If you like this dinner, you might like these as well…