Thanks to our friends at Bare Snacks for sponsoring this post.
This sausage apple stuffing is so flavorful and delicious. It has all the best things gluten-free stuffing should have!I love making this sausage apple stuffing because it is full of fall flavors.
Sausage apple stuffing is a side dish I enjoy all year around but especially during the fall and winter. It is just so cozy and hearty. I love it with our recipe for the BEST roast chicken.
It really could be a whole meal rather than just a side dish. You can enjoy it on its own or drizzled with homemade gravy.
My friend Chrystal from Gluten-Free Palate has a great 5 minute gluten-free gravy recipe. Bare Snacks has naturally delicious and nutritious apple chips that are great on their own and wonderful in this recipe. Just be sure to save enough while snacking on them…
I love that they are baked not fried and that they are made from real fruit with nothing artificial, ever.
They are great for recipes because you never have to worry that you may not have fresh apples on hand. Bare Snacks are shelf stable and can become a kitchen staple for your cooking. First, I brown the sausage in a pan for a few minutes. I then add the butter, vegetables and Bare Snacks apple chips.
Cooking everything together brings out a fantastic flavor that will come through so well in this sausage apple stuffing. While any gluten-free bread works, I feel that Canyon Bakehouse brand is superior to others both in taste and texture. The same goes for butter. I only use Kerrygold.
While I have chosen my favorite things already to add to this sausage apple stuffing, there are a variety of other things you could include
Sausage Apple Stuffing Mix-Ins:
Bare Snacks beet, carrot or sweet potato veggie chips
Fresh or dried cranberries
I love finding healthy stocking stuffers and these fruit and veggie chips from Bare Snacks are a favorite. They feel more stackable than just fresh produce do.
We hope you love this sausage apple stuffing as much as we did. I can’t wait to hear what other ingredients you chose to add to yours! Please let us know in the comments.
Sausage Apple Stuffing (Gluten-Free)
- 1 lb breakfast sausage
- 1/2 loaf gluten-free bread I love Canyon Bakehouse
- 1 C chicken broth
- 1/3 C Bare Snacks Fiji apple chips chopped
- 1/3 C Bare Snacks Granny Smith apple chips chopped
- 1/4 C onion diced
- 1/2 C carrots diced
- 1/3 C shaved or diced Brussels sprouts
- 3 T butter
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- dash of cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Fry sausage in a pan with salt, onion and garlic powder and black pepper, making sure to crumble the sausage
- Add butter then saute carrots, onion, apple, Brussels sprouts and chopped rosemary until vegetables are softened and sausage cooked through
- Meanwhile, dice the bread into cubes and spread out onto a baking sheet
- Bake for 12 minutes at 350 degrees
- Place bread cubes, sausage mixture and apples into a baking dish
- Pour 1 C chicken brother everything evenly
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes
If you like this recipe, here are some other great side dishes…
Get your FREE eCookbook of 5 Gluten-Free Instant Pot Dinner Recipes
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.