Our smoking Halloween mocktails are sure to WOW & definitely creates an eerie effect! This truly is the best non-alcoholic Halloween drink.
To make them extra fun for kiddos, put this spooky halloween mocktail in a large punch bowl with some plastic spiders and gummy worms for a mad scientist effect that’s sure to be a good time.
These are a fun mocktail all on their own but you can take them up a notch by adding plastic spiders to an ice cube tray then filling it with water and freezing. Simply pop out when ice and add them just before serving!
If you are wanting a more sophisticated version of this delicious drink, add a cinnamon stick like we use in our non alcoholic mulled wine. It definitely makes it a festive drink.
No matter what you choose, the dry ice provides that fun smoking effect that is reminiscent of a hocus pocus mocktail! If you love sweet drinks, it’s great because it has just enough sweetener but mostly from fruit so it’s a better option than punch.
Subscribe to This Vivacious Life
Receive a free e-book of Instant Pot recipes!
Halloween Drinks Non-Alcoholic
I love having some great non-alcoholic holiday beverages in my back pocket. It makes it so those who aren’t drinking still get to enjoy virgin spooky cocktails too. This smoking pumpkin punch is especially delicious and makes a fun and eerie presentation!
If you are going for a less spooky and more colorful kids Halloween bash, our blue lagoon mocktail is a vibrant 3 minute non-alcoholic drink that everyone will enjoy. It goes great with our Halloween charcuterie board or CharBOOterie board and with our pumpkin delight recipe!
We’ve also rounded up some of our other favorite fun mocktails. Whether you need Thanksgiving mocktails, Christmas mocktails, Valentines mocktails, Mother’s Day mocktails and even 4th of July drinks there is something for every occasion.
Why you should make this recipe
- It is a stunner for Halloween parties
- It has all the warm spice and pumpkin flavors of fall
- This drink is easy to make and can be enjoyed by all since there is no alcohol in it
- It’s not just your traditional soda mocktail
What you need
You only need a few ingredients to make this pumpkin pie mocktail flavored drink. They are simple things that you can find at any grocery store.
- Apple cider (apple juice works as well if you can’t find cider)
- Orange juice
- Orange zest
- Pumpkin puree
- Simple syrup
- Mulling spices (here’s a great recipe if you don’t want store bought)
- Dry ice
- Optional: Pomegranate juice or cranberry juice (just a splash)
How to make it
Like most of our popular virgin drinks, sparkling non-alcoholic drinks, Thanksgiving punch recipes non alcoholic or good virgin drinks, this is actually a pretty simple recipe that doesn’t require any food coloring or obscure ingredients.
This magic potion punch has the special effects of dry ice which takes it to the next level. You can even give this an effervescent taste by adding lemon-lime soda.
Step 1: Whisk together 1 cup apple cider, 1 cup orange juice a little bit of orange zest, and a half a cup of puréed pumpkin in a pan on the stove over medium to low heat
Step 2: Add a couple tablespoons of simple syrup and some mulling spices in a cheesecloth and continue cooking
Step 3: Heat thoroughly then remove spices, whisk it really well and serve hot
Step 4: Add a bit of dry ice for an eerie effect that everyone will love!
Tips for success
- Use pure pumpkin puree – Make sure you aren’t using a pumpkin pie puree that has added sugar, rather just 100% pumpkin. This homemade pumpkin puree is great!
- Buy mulling spices for ease – While this isn’t necessary, it is much easier for YOU
- WAIT TO DRINK – Until the dry ice has melted that is…
Storage and Freezing
Storage – If you happen to have extras, which you likely won’t, you can store leftovers in the fridge to enjoy later. This drink stays good for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
Freezing – This mocktail doesn’t freeze well.
Can you make this recipe without mulling spices?
Of course! Homemade mulling spices are easy to make.
Can I use sugar instead of simple syrup?
Yes, just make sure to cook it down early on in the recipe.
Other great mocktails without non-alcoholic wine or spirits
If you loved this hocus pocus punch that has simple ingredients and is perfect for Halloween parties, then you will definitely want to try some of these other mocktail recipes.
Simply add spiders to ice cubes of frozen club soda, tonic water, seltzer water or flat water to add to make it more of a spooky drink. If you need to add more flavor, try doing it with grape juice, or ginger ale.
- Virgin Strawberry Mocktail
- Non-Alcoholic White Russian
- Grapefruit Mocktail
- Cranberry Mocktail
- Non-Alcoholic Bloody Mary Mocktail
- Slow Cooker Crockpot Apple Cider
- Blackberry Lemonade
- Lavender Lemonade
- Fresh Raspberry Mocktail
- Gingerbread Martini Mocktail
If mocktail making is new to you, don’t worry, we show you how to make the prefect mocktail everytime!
What’s best to serve with these?
Garnish this spooky punch with orange slices or even a splash of lemon juice or lime juice. I also love serving up yummy fall themed treats with our non-alcoholic Halloween mocktails and themed drinks.
I personally love a variety of sweets and savories so here are the ones I choose first. Witches Finger Cookies, Halloween Sandwiches, Spider Cookies, No-Bake Ghost Cookies, Halloween Cheeseball and Gluten-Free Quesadilla Jack O’ Lantern are my go to’s.
Another great option to serve this mocktail is just plain old gluten free Halloween candy or our Halloween charcuterie board. The best part about this recipe is that it will WOW all on it’s own so doesn’t require much.
Other Halloween Mocktails
Each of these spooky Halloween mocktails is sure to be a hit at your next Halloween party. The drinks are fun, a little creepy and a lot delicious!
For this witches night out Halloween party I made these for, I really wanted the mocktails to be the star. I first chose this delicious dark sangria from Eden over at Sugar and Charm.
I simply replaced the regular wine with a 0.0% non-alcoholic red and it was my favorite drink of the night! The plums, black grapes and blackberries made for a very spooky drinks presentation. She also has a hocus focus punch you can check out, just be sure to leave out the alcohol.
- Frog’s Breath Floats from Chicken Scratch NY
- Mulled Apple Cider from The Urben Life
- Harry Potter Pumpkin Juice from A Saucy Kitchen
- Candycorn Punch from Creative Homemaking
- Spooky Halloween Punch from Bitz and Giggles
- Melting Witch Halloween Punch from Food Meanderings
- Jack O’ Lantern Punch from Party with Unicorns
If you like this, be sure to check out these other great Halloween ideas…
Need an EASY and delicious breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert?
Take a look at my Sheet Pan Meals and More!
Smoking Halloween Mocktails
- 2 C apple cider
- 2 C orange juice
- 1/2 tsp orange zest
- 1 C pumpkin puree
- 2 T simple syrup
- 2 T mulling spices in a cheesecloth or tea strainer
- dry ice
- Whisk together apple cider, orange juice, orange zest, and puréed pumpkin in a pan on the stove over medium to low heat
- Add simple syrup and some mulling spices in a cheesecloth to the punch and continue cooking
- Heat thoroughly then remove spices
- Whisk it really well and serve warm
- Add a bit of dry ice for an eerie effect that everyone will love!
This was originally published on October 3, 2018. It has been updated as of October 1, 2019 to include more photos and recipes from other great blogs.
Photos by Amie Pendle